Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

"Start Something with Alesse" Final Results

A couple of months ago, I took part in a very interesting competition called Start Something with Alesse.

The objective of the competition was to submit an idea that you would like to start (busines, personal project, or charity)in the near future. Then, the judges choose 6 finalists and the 2 winners are determined by online voting.

I didn't think that my idea of "YOUNight for Compassion and Fashion" would ever be chosen as a finalist because there were hundreds of entries, the chances of my entry getting considered were slim, just by the nature of probability.

The results:
I was not an official winner, and therefore first and foremost, I would like to congratulate the 2 winners, Sheyla Abdic and Sedina Fiati. Congratulations, ladies!! :)

Second, I am very happy to have taken part in the competition because I had the chance to look at some of the other great ideas that were chosen as finalists, and I think that all the finalists did a great job.

Third, although I did not win, I got a chance to talk to some great people from the local community and got to meet people that I would not have had the chance of connecting with if it wasn't for the competition.

Fourth, I believe that the fact that I did not win this does not mean that I cannot pursue the idea. The idea is for a great cause, and therefore, with a good team and a little bit of pounding the pavement, it can still become a reality.

Cheers,
Yana

1 comment:

David Murray said...

I voted for you a few times, when I could (I had to create a new ID each time, because the site wouldn't remember me). Good luck with the project, it's desperately needed.